Every mom’s journey to and through motherhood is a little different. That’s the beautiful thing about motherhood — there’s no perfect way to do it, yet most moms find their way to doing the best that they can with God’s help. So, today we’re celebrating each unique motherly experience with a compilation of 10 two-minute podcast shorts by Dr. Melvin E. Banks, founder of UMI. We’ve pulled them from Dr. Banks’ daily radio program called Daily Direction, which covers a variety of issues and topics. Listen in and remember all of what you love (or loved) about your mom.
- Fannie Lou Hamer recorded 20 songs her mother taught her
- Mothers know the pain and joy of giving birth
- What are the traits of a good mother-in-law?
- One mother loved her son so much she took 7 buses to see him
- A little girl showed her mother how to run in the rain
- She prayed that her sons would be ministers
- Augustine’s mother prayed earnestly for her son
- One grandmother had dust on her eyeglasses
- Why does a mother giraffe kick her infant offspring?
- The military vindicated a heartbroken mother
More on Motherhood
- Successful Moms of the Bible
- The Mother of All Gifts
- God’s Gift of Being Your Mother
- Ain’t I a Mother, Too
- And He Gave Some to Be Mothers: Motherhood as Ministry
- Motherhood, Untimely Born