It’s hard to relax. We’re in an uncomfortable place right now. The future is unclear. Our leaders are not all stable. And the world economy is in flux. But God. He’s our anchor. His love never changes and we know that when we pray, it helps calm our heavy hearts and anxiety about the uncertainty of it all. Below you’ll find a compilation of two-minute podcast shorts by the late Dr. Melvin E. Banks, founder of UMI, on prayer. We’ve pulled them from Dr. Banks’ daily radio program which was called Daily Direction and covered a variety of issues and topics. So, turn the ringer off on your phone, find a quiet place, be still, and listen.
- An atheist was surprised when God answered his prayer
- St. Augustine gave voice to an important prayer
- What did King Solomon teach us about prayer?
- Do public officials know the value of prayer?
- George Müller Is a classic example of effectual prayer
- What do you think of this prayer?
- What does your prayer sound like?
- What body position do you prefer when you pray?
- Why do people pray before they eat?
- How did African slaves pray back in 1820?
More on Prayer
- High-Intensity Workout and then Prayer
- The Prayer of Examen: A Prayer for Greater Self-Awareness
- Prayer, Praise, and Prostitutes