What Information Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Information from you when you: (1) communicate with us via email, telephone, mail, social media, or other method; (2) enter a contest or other promotion (in accordance with the applicable official rules); (3) order or purchase products and services; (4) opt-in to receive email newsletters or other promotional materials; or (5) otherwise provide us with your Personal Information.
We may also collect Personal Information from you so that UMI may improve its products and provide you with efficient customer service. From time to time, UMI may request information, including Personal Information, about you (or your organization, if applicable).
As part of the standard operation of the Site, UMI or its third-party contractors may collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, IP address, installation data, error and other use codes, and referring web site address. This information is not personally identifiable and is only used in aggregate (not in any way that personally identifies you). In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on the Site and in communications we send to you. The service providers that administer these services also use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze how you use the Site and our emails.
Use of Information
We may use the Personal Information and non-personal information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to fulfill your requests for products and services; (2) to provide you with targeted offers and advertising on the Site; (3) to contact you when necessary; (4) communicate with you about our products and services or the products and services of our partners; (5) communicate with you about changes to our policies; (6) maintain or administer the Site, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to optimize or improve the quality of our business, the Site, and the products and services we offer; (7) to address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services; (8) detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, be illegal, or damage the Site, our business, or others’ businesses; and (9) as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent . We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from us, as well as from our affiliated organizations, marketing partners, and other third parties. If you would prefer not to receive such communications, please send your request to [email protected] with the subject “Privacy Opt Out”.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information and other non-identifiable information to the following parties:
- Employees and Independent Contractors: We may share your Personal Information with our employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable any of these entities to perform a business, professional, fulfillment, marketing, information technology, or technical support function for us.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These entities may have access to your Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions. These may be organizations such as Stripe for payment processing or common carriers such as UPS and Federal Express.
- Corporate Partners and Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with related corporate partners and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- Other Third Parties By Law or In Emergency Situations: We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process or discovery request served on us or the Site; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Site, or our users; or (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Site or the public.
- Other Parties In Connection With a Transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Site. We may also sell certain assets associated with the Site. In such event, we may transfer some or all of your Personal Information to an organization or individual acquiring all or part of our assets or to another an organization with which we have merged or that has otherwise acquired our business.
- Other Parties With Your Consent: We may share Personal Information about you with other third parties when you consent to such sharing. In addition to the disclosures above, we may disclose non-Personal Information to third parties, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports that do not describe or identify individual users.
Retention of Personal Information
We may retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted by applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- An ongoing relationship with you as a customer of UMI (e.g. you maintain an account with us or are in an ongoing contractual relationship) or user of the Site;
- If there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable when considering our legal position or the legal position of a relevant third party (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations, discovery requests from third parties, etc.).
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect or maintain any Personal Information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of thirteen and you are the child’s parent or legal guardian, please contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove such Personal Information.
Security and Electronic Communication
The privacy of communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, because the Internet is not a secure medium. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, You agree that we are not responsible for any harm, loss, or damage you may incur by the sending of Personal Information or other confidential information over the Internet to us, and you agree that such communications are made at your own risk.
Third Party Applications
You may be able to access the Site or sign into your personal account through a third party application (e.g. Facebook) and/or we may use a third party to help us track and analyze usage of the Site. In allowing access through such an application, we may receive certain information (including Personal Information) from the third party application and disclose certain information to such third party application. If you access the Site or your account from a mobile application, you may provide us with geo-location details. You may prevent this disclosure by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
Third Party Content and Links to Third Party Websites
While we make a good faith effort to comply with local data protection and consumer rights laws to the extent they may apply to our services, the Site is published in the United States and is primarily targeted to United States citizens.
Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
How To Opt-Out or Correct Your Information
You may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails and newsletters from UMI. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive. Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not marketing in nature.
Do Not Track
The Site may not respond to the Do Not Track setting of your web browser.
California Privacy Rights for California Residents
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the Personal Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared Personal Information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding 2020 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. The requested information, if required by law, will be provided to you at your email inbox.
Rights of European Union Residents
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to the processing of Personal Information of E.U. citizens and residents. This section provides information regarding the rights GDPR grants to E.U. users and the responsibilities of UMI under such regulations.
- E.U. User Rights
Explanation and access to your Personal Information: You have the right to be informed about your Personal Information UMI has in its possession. You also have the right to request a copy of all Personal Information in UMI’s possession if UMI collected such Personal Information based on consent or because it is required to provide a service that you requested from Organization.
Data Deletion: You may request the deletion of your account and all Personal Information in our possession. UMI may retain certain Personal Information if required by law or for legitimate business purposes as permitted by GDPR.
Data Correction: If you believe in Personal Information in UMI’s possession is inaccurate, you may request correction of such Personal Information.
Objections: You may object to UMI’s processing of your Personal Information (including for marketing purposes), based on profiling or automated decision-making. However, UMI may continue to process your Personal Information if it is doing so in accordance with GDPR regulations. You may file a complaint with the appropriate European governmental agency if you believe UMI’s management of your Personal Information is not in accordance with GDPR.
- Grounds for Processing Personal Information.
- UMI may collect and use your Personal Information based on your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time but doing so will prevent you from accessing any service or feature that requires collection or use of the Personal Information UMI collected or used based on consent.
- UMI relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses of Personal Information that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you.
- To provide certain services you request. To provide you with certain services that you request from UMI, we may collect and use Personal Information such as:
- Information necessary for your account or user profile, for communicating with you, for verifying your identity, to fulfill orders for products or services, or to make or receive payments;
- Transaction information about a specific transaction you have initiated with UMI; or
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Organization’s services, such as products or features on our website which generate greater traffic.
- Compliance with legal obligations, protecting the vital interests of a third party or general public.
- UMI may process or disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal investigation, at the request or law enforcement, if there is a threat to the safety or property of another person, or a substantial public interest.
- Necessary for UMI’s legitimate interests.
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
How To Contact Us