According to early reports from the International Red Cross, up to 3 million people may have been affected by Tuesday’s catastrophic earthquake in Haiti, and tens of thousands are feared dead.
If you’re looking for a way to help, here are several faith-based organizations and ministry efforts that are providing food, supplies, and direct emergency relief to the Haitian people. If you know of other organizations that should be added to this list, please let us know in the comments section below or at our Facebook page.
• Church of God In Christ (COGIC) Charities
• National Baptist Convention U.S.A.’s Haiti Relief Fund
• African Methodist Episcopal Service and Development Agency
• World Vision
• Salvation Army
• Catholic Relief Services
• World Relief
• Compassion International
• Baptist Haiti Mission
• Childs Memorial Temple Church of God In Christ Haiti Relief Project
• Samaritan’s Purse
• United Methodist Committee on Relief
• Convoy of Hope
• Hope International
• Hope for Haiti Children’s Center
Looking for loved ones? Find information here at a special site set up by CNN.com
As the pastor of a church with a deep desire to love others as Christ would, I’ve recently been telling folks, “If you only read one book this year, then you must read The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns.” And that’s saying a lot, given that my own book just came out! I feel that strongly about Stearns’s message.